- Why is Norton Online Backup better than the competition?
- How much does Norton Online Backup cost?
- Can I buy Norton Online Backup without trying it first?
- What if I need more than 25 GB of storage?
- How can I be sure my data is safe?
- Where exactly is your data center?
- What happens if my hard drive fails and I lose all my data?
- Since it’s a web-based service does that mean anyone get access to my files?
- What are the system requirements?
- Can I back up Macs and PCs? Laptops and desktops?
- What kind of files will you back up?
- How long will it take to back up my data?
- How easy is it to access my data once it’s stored?
- What if I get a new computer, can I still access my files?
- Can I transfer my stored files to another computer?
- Is there an easy way to share some of my backed up files?
- How many data servers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
- Why did the data center cross the road?
- How many external hard drives does it take to protect your data?
What do I need to start the trial?
Nothing, except a ton of important files that you don’t want to lose…and an email address so you can sign up. You don’t need a credit card either. Just create a Norton account or login with your existing one, install the software, and leave the rest to us.
What happens to my data at the end of the trial period?
One of two things. If you decide to buy Norton Online Backup after the trial (very smart move), then your data will stay right where it is, safe and secure. If you decide not to continue after your trial expires, we’ll simply delete your data from our servers after 90 days and you can delete the software from your computers.
Why is Norton Online Backup better than the competition?
We’re glad you asked. For starters we’re the only online backup service that covers 5 PCs and Macs on a single account, which is pretty convenient given how many computers most families own. We’ve also got over 135 million customers who rely on Norton to protect and secure their computers. And we’ve been doing it for over 30 years. Can you think of any of the competition who can say all that?
How much does Norton Online Backup cost?
Just $49 a year for 25 GB of storage. A small price to pay for peace of mind.
Can I buy Norton Online Backup without trying it first?
What if I need more than 25 GB of storage?
No problem. Additional storage can be added in increments whenever you need it.
How can I be sure my data is safe?
Four key reasons. 1. We encrypt your data when it’s being transferred over the Internet to our data center. 2. We encrypt it again when it’s at the data center. 3. We make multiple copies of your data to back up your backup. 4. ALL of our storage uses RAID technology, so your data is simultaneously written across multiple hard drives. In the event of a hard disk failure, the server will continue to run without interruption and your data is protected.
Where exactly is your data center?
If we told you, we’d have to kill you. Just kidding. But seriously, while we can’t tell you where it is, we can tell you that it’s incredibly secure.
What happens if my hard drive fails and I lose all my data?
Nothing. If you have Norton Online Backup. That’s because all you have to do is restore your data to your new computer and get back to work. On the other hand, if you don’t have Norton Online Backup then screaming might make you feel better.
Since it’s a web-based service does that mean anyone can get access to my files?
Absolutely not. Because all your files are encrypted.
What are the system requirements?
Boring, but very essential information…for Windows, Mac and Internet browsers.
- 32 and 64 bit
- Note: Some features are not available in Windows 8 style browsing
- Starter, Home Premium, Ultimate, Professional
- 32 and 64 bit
- Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business
- Includes all service packs
- 32 and 64 bit
- Professional, Home, Media Center
- Service Pack 2 and newer
- 32 Bit Only
- Mac® OS X® 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8, 9, and 10
- Mozilla® Firefox® (Supports the current and the most recent previous major releases.)
- Google Chrome™ (Supports the current and the most recent previous major releases.)
- Safari® 5 and 6 (OS X only)
- Norton Online Backup requires high speed Internet connection for Online Backup.
Can I back up Macs and PCs? Laptops and desktops?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
What kind of files will you back up?
All of them that matter to you including MP3s, photos, documents, videos, and even files that are open on your desktop or in use.
How long will it take to back up my data?
It all depends on how busy you’ve been. After the first big backup, we only back up new files and files that have changed so it can be pretty darned fast. And depending upon when you schedule your backup, it can all happen when you’re fast asleep.
How easy is it to access my data once it’s stored?
Very easy. You can access it from any web-connected computer.
What if I get a new computer, can I still access my files?
Yes. You can access all your backed-up files through any web-connected computer.
Can I transfer my stored files to another computer?
Yes. You can access all your backed-up files through any web-connected computer, so you simply log on to the web with your new computer and download whatever files you want.
Is there an easy way to share some of my backed up files?
We wouldn’t have asked the question otherwise. But seriously, only Norton Online Backup lets you share any size files you’ve backed up with a simple link that you can then email to friends.
How many data servers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, because our data servers are dedicated to storing your data. And they can do that in the dark or light.
Why did the data center cross the road?
To get encrypted.
How many external hard drives does it take to protect your data?
None, because they all will fail eventually. OK not funny. But neither is losing your data.